Dometic developed the Freshwell 3000 as a mobile grade solution for use in caravans and motorhomes. For that purpose it is compact and light and can work in campsites with 10A feeds. It is not designed for extreme heat situations in direct sunlight, which would have required much more current as well a a much heavier product.
Positives (as compared to split unit):
- Structurely developed and guaranteed for off-road use
- Visually much nicer because it is installed inside the bodyand not visible from outside
- Start-up current is only 7.4Amp and can thus run on 10A breakers
- 3000W heater
- Unit weighs less with better weight distribution
- 9000BTU might struggle in extreme conditions like 35degrees or more
- Noise level is about 10% higher
- Unit is more expensive
The Dometic Freshwell 3000 is a third party product supplied, serviced and repaired by the official Dometic agency in South Africa.